What's all this about? And a review of Manifestation.

I've wanted to make a blog for a long time where I give my personal opinion about things. The views here are my own; not my employer's, nor my church's, or my family's. Thanks for taking the time to read how I feel about things. My ultimate goal would be to eventually have a YouTube channel or podcast where I review stuff, and where I can take requests to review things. And why do I say I will review them poorly? Well, I am not a writer, and I have an immense sense of gratitude, while also (perhaps pathologically) feeling like I deserve nothing good. It's hard for me to express criticism without the bookends of positivity on each side. I thought this might be good practice in expressing honest opinions, developing some writing ability, and getting out of my comfort zone.

The first thing I want to review is Manifestation. A very dear friend of mine introduced me to the concept of manifestation (the law of attraction, or "The Secret") because I have struggled for a long time with lack, and I craved abundance. It's worked well for her so I have dabbled in it for the past couple of months and I wanted to share how it's worked for me over the past little while.

Firstly, I think Manifestation is misunderstood. There's nothing "magical" about it. Well, some people believe there is... they think 'the Universe' is giving them things. In my limited experience, it's more about constantly scanning the horizon with intention, being very mindful of the things you want or wish you had. When you are constantly 'reprogramming' your mind to be vigilant about the things you want, and believing they are possible, you are much more likely to see opportunities to get what you want. For a simple example, imagine that you want to manifest a red sportscar. Every day, 3 times a day, you commit to reciting that you will have and enjoy a red sportscar. You remind yourself that lots of people just like you have red sportscars. And you begin to see them everywhere. You are on the lookout for them, consciously or subconsciously, and so you feel as though they are coming to you from a divine source. It's not magic; it's psychology. But that doesn't make it any less powerful. I do think you are more likely to 'receive' (identify and purchase) a sportscar if you employ manifestation than  if you do not.

I've incorporated some of the manifestation concepts into my life and daily routines, and it has definitely helped me to feel more positive. I'm thankful for my friend that cared enough to share these concepts with me, and I've kept track of the little victories or ways in which it has improved my life. I think I would rate my experience so far as "good," but I'd be cautious of embracing a manifestation lifestyle if you are prone to using new age techniques to replace valid spiritual connections or tried-and-true 'practical' methods of self-improvement. Manifestation, in my opinion, should supplement prayer, diet, exercise, financial management, etc. It should not replace those things.

So for me, I'd give Manifestation a 7 out of 10. I'll keep doing the parts that work, and I'm grateful that it has helped my mindset become more positive, optimistic, and ambitious. Thanks for reading, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts and experiences around Manifestation. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waffle House

Anger