Anger

 OK first a little bit of background: When I grew up, we were not allowed to be angry. To be angry at someone meant you hated them. If you hated someone, and then something bad happened to that person, it wouldn't necessarily be your fault, but yeah basically it was your fault.

Now that I'm an adult and I've been to loads of therapy and am starting to set boundaries for myself, I'm learning more about anger. Having kids has helped, too. But this isn't about them. This is about my critical review of anger as a feeling.

It serves a purpose, and it should be managed appropriately. But let me tell you what. It is exhausting. Anger is probably one of my least favorite emotions because it just drains all the joy and energy out of life. And right now I have some real anger fatigue. From Covid (and peoples' irrational reactions to it and all that it entails), the end of the fiscal year at work (and peoples' entitled attitudes about it), and social justice chaos...  ugh it goes on and on. I am TIRED. Anger sucks. I give it like a 2 out of 10. But it is functional and at times it is appropriate. And it is human. I spent so much of my life only being "allowed" to be angry at myself. Even though I really dislike anger, I appreciate it so much more now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's all this about? And a review of Manifestation.

Waffle House